SAZKA Group H1 and Q2 2021 Results and Update on Current Trading
9 September 2021
SAZKA Group a.s. (“SAZKA Group” or the “Company”, and, together with its subsidiaries, joint ventures and associates, the “Group” or “we”) announces its financial results for the six months to 30 June 2021 and provides an update on recent developments and current trading.
Q2 2021 financial highlights
- Consolidated Gross gaming revenue (“GGR”) increased by 200% year-on-year to €740.1 million.
- Consolidated Adjusted EBITDA increased by 343% year-on-year to €252.7 million.
- Consolidated profit after tax increased by 706% year-on-year to €141.9 million.
H1 2021 financial highlights
- Consolidated GGR increased by 94% year-on-year to €1,266.4 million.
- Consolidated Adjusted EBITDA increased by 97% year-on-year to €397.1 million.
- Consolidated profit after tax increased by 322% year-on-year to €177.1 million.
Q2 2021 pro-rata financial highlights
- Pro-rata GGR increased by 77% year-on-year to €601.9 million.
- Pro-rata Adjusted EBITDA increased by 207% year-on-year to €160.9 million.
H1 2021 pro-rata financial highlights
- Pro-rata GGR increased by 31% year-on-year to €1,124.1 million.
- Pro-rata Adjusted EBITDA increased by 77% year-on-year to €267.0 million
- Pro-rata LTM H1 2021 highlights (pre-IFRS basis)
- Pro-rata LTM Adjusted EBITDA was €463 million (on a pre-IFRS 16 basis).
- Pro-rata net debt / Adjusted EBITDA was 3.1x and Pro-rata priority net debt / Adjusted EBITDA was -0.3x at 30 June 2021 (before giving effect to expected cost savings from the restructuring of the Austrian casinos).
Key strategic initiatives
- In January 2021, the Group acquired a 4.31% shareholding in CASAG, resulting in an economic interest of 59.80%.
- In March 2021, funds advised by Apollo completed their investment of €500 million in SAZKA Entertainment AG, the immediate parent of the Company.
- During the first half of 2021 the Group increased its direct shareholding in OPAP by 2.24% through open market purchases, as a result of which the Group’s shareholding increased to 45.36% and its economic interest to 38.33%.
The vast majority of the physical retail POS of our businesses in the Czech Republic, Austria and Italy have remain open and continued to sell our products throughout 2021.
Online sales, which increased significantly during 2020, have continued to grow strongly in all our markets.
COVID-19 restrictions which impacted our physical retail network in Greece and our casinos in Austria and internationally in Q1 were gradually lifted during Q2 and by the end of Q2 all our businesses operated without major restrictions.
Assuming no new restrictions, Q3 will be first quarter since Q4 2019 with no material COVID impact on any of our businesses.
Austrian Lotteries and our businesses in the Czech Republic and Italy continue to trade well.
Greece physical retail, Austrian and international casinos are now operating with no material restrictions
In each case, GGR is around 2019 levels, similar but slightly better than the recovery in Q3 2019 when most restrictions were also lifted
These businesses are also expected to see a substantial positive impact on profitability and cashflow generation from the GGR tax prepayment in Greece and restructuring of the Austrian casinos